We, Football Association of Malaysia (FAM), respect the privacy of individuals with regards to personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy of our users/subscribers/customers (collectively, “Users”), and strive to provide a safe and secure user experience.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for https://charter.fam.org.my (“Website”).
- Our Website’s servers do not automatically recognize specific information about individual users on our Website. In addition, our servers do not automatically record information regarding a User's e-mail address unless the User supplies it.
- The User-supplied information collected through the registration process is used to improve the content of our site. It is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Purpose of Personal Data collected
- Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily on our Website and the other related channels may be processed and/or disclosed to our Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the following purposes (collectively, "Purposes"):
- to manage and verify your membership with us;
- to develop, enhance, and provide services to meet your needs;
- to respond to your requests or complaints;
- to send you updates on news and events, privileges and initiatives offered by FAM SupaRimau Charter and/or its partners and/or advertisers;
- to comply with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority.
- Although the precise details of the Personal Data collected will vary according to the specific purpose, whether via online or otherwise, we may typically collect the following Personal Data from or in relation to you:
Date of birth:
Identity card number or passport number:
Use and Disclosure
- We may disclose your Personal Data within FAM SupaRimau Charter and/or to the Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the Purposes set forth hereinabove in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
- We take every measure to provide a comparable level of protection for Personal Data should the information be processed by a Vendor.
Impact of Non Provision of Personal Data
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us, your application or request for any of the above Purposes may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Website.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes stated in paragraph 4 above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
How Email and 'Contact Us' messages are being handled
- We may preserve the content of any email or "Contact Us" or other electronic message that we receive.
- The message content may be monitored by our service providers or employees for purposes including but not limited to compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
Communication or Utilization Data
- Through your use of telecommunications services to access the Website managed by FAM SupaRimau Charter, your communications data (e.g. IP address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
- To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
Automatic Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Data
- When you access the Website, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect, use and disclose non-personally identifiable data, including but not limited to information about your Internet browser and operating system, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site and pages viewed.
- We may use and disclose these non-personally identifiable data and share it within FAM SupaRimau Charter and/or third parties to inter alia; monitor the attractiveness of the Website and improve our performance/product/services/content on an aggregate, anonymize and non-personally identifiable basis. However, please be assured that this information is not intended to be used to personally identify you.
As an example, we may collect:
Device information— such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type and settings, such as language and available font settings, and settings of the device you use to access our Websites.
Location information— such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s global positioning system (GPS) signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when you visit the Website. Cookies may be used to store a unique identification number tied to your computer or device so that you can be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you do not have to enter those credentials each time you visit a Website.
- Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. If you disable browser cookies or flash cookies, it may interfere with the proper functioning of the Website.
- Local Storage & Other Tracking Technologies. We, along with third parties, may use other kinds of technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and Hypertext Markup Language revision 5 (HTML5) local storage, in connection with our Website. We also may use unique identifiers associated with your device. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For HTML5 local storage, the method for disabling HTML5 will vary depending on your browser.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the Website, or any part thereof by Users will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely without further reference to you.
- Our Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
- For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- A username and password are essential for the Website. For your own protection, we require you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
Right of Access to Personal Data
FAM Grassroots Unit
Wisma FAM, Jalan SS5A/9
Kelana Jaya, 47301, Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Email: [email protected]